A new addition to your holiday repertoire, these cookies feature a touch of the extraordinary, as sweet apricot jam shares a sleigh ride with savory and nutty tahini.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup tahini
4 oz. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
1 large egg
1/2 cup apricot jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside
3. In a separate bowl or stand mixer beat butter and tahini until smooth, about 2 mins
4. Beat in sugars and egg until creamy, about 1 min
5. Add dry mixture a little at a time until fully combined
6. Generously sprinkle your work surface with granulated sugar
7. Make dough balls by scooping out 2 tablespoons of dough at a time and rolling them in your hands. This dough is sticky so rolling them in the sugar with help
8. Place dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet with plenty of space between them
9. Bake for 10 mins until dough has spread and become fluffy, then remove from the oven and create wells in the center of the cookies by pressing with the back of a tablespoon
10. Fill the wells with apricot jam and bake for another 6-7 minutes until edges become golden brown
11. Serve and enjoy warm or cooled!
Stay in touch for more of Hither Lane's tasty bites to complement Shaker & Spoon cocktails!