Simple to assemble, these small bites are the perfect cocktail counterpart, matching up irresistible seasonal flavors for your hors d'oeuvre table.
1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed according to packaging
1 small delicata squash
1 small log of goat cheese
1 tsp. olive oil
Fresh rosemary for garnishing
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Slice squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds with a spoon
3. Thinly slice squash in half-moon shapes
4. Cut in half again into quarter-moon shapes
5. Place squash in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper
6. Lay puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and cut into 4 sections as defined by the folds. Then, cut each section into 8 rectangular pieces
7. With a fork, poke holes down the center of the puff pastry pieces. This will help avoid over puffing and keep the toppings in place
8. Top the center of the pastry rectangles with a sliver of goat cheese and 2-3 pieces of the sliced squash
9. Using a spatula, transfer the pastries to a parchment lined baking sheet lightly brushed with oil.
10. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown
11. Top with a small sprig of fresh rosemary and enjoy!
Stay in touch for more of Hither Lane's tasty bites to complement Shaker & Spoon cocktails!