Go nuts at the home bar and transform cashews or nuts of your choice into something more savory, featuring Asian-inflected ingredients that deliver a pop of color and irresistible umami goodness.
NOTES: If cashews aren't your style you can use any nut you like! Just keep in mind that all nuts have different oil content so keep a close eye on them when roasting to avoid burning.
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon real maple syrup
1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium or use a little less salt)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients (except the nuts) until a loose paste forms
3. Spread nuts out in a single layer on a baking tray and roast for 3 minutes
4. Keep oven on, remove nuts, and immediately toss them in the spice mixture
5. Spread coated nuts back onto the baking sheet and bake again in the 400 degree oven for another 4-5 minutes, watching carefully not to burn
6. Spread finished nuts onto a rack and let cool completely
Stay in touch for more of Hither Lane's tasty bites to complement Shaker & Spoon cocktails!