A toast that has all the best flavors and textures. It's great for evenings, perfect for brunch, and a lovely counterpart to the lively Ginger and Jasmine and Pear! Oh My! cocktail from Shaker & Spoon's Vodka Brunch Box 2.
NOTES: This toast is jam packed with savory, sweet, and earthy flavor so don't be surprised if a guest pops the question after tasting it! It's also fabulous as a vegetarian dish (just skip the prosciutto). Frying the bread in a buttery skillet adds incredible nutty flavor to the dish, but if you're trying to save on calories you can, of course, toast it instead. These toasts are great served at room temperature so you can easily make them a little in advance.
4 thick slices of fresh crusty bread
8 oz. ricotta cheese
4 oz. goat cheese
1 head of garlic
1 teaspoon freshly chopped dill
1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 oz. prosciutto
1 large handful of pea shoots, arugula, or your favorite microgreen
1 tablespoon honey for drizzling
2 tablespoons butter
Kosher salt & cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Tear prosciutto into small piles on a baking sheet and cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until slightly crispy
2. Slice the top 1/4 off of the garlic, drizzle with olive oil, enclose in a foil pouch and roast at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Allow to cool before squeezing out the garlic
3. Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat & fry the bread slices until golden brown & toasted
4. In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip together cheeses, herbs, red pepper, cooled roasted garlic cloves, and salt & pepper until fluffy and well combined
5. Spread cheese mixture onto toast slices & top with crispy prosciutto & greens
6. Drizzle the toasts with honey and serve at room temperature
Stay in touch for more of Hither Lane's tasty bites to complement Shaker & Spoon cocktails!