10-20 unripe green cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 cup breadcrumbs of your choice
2 eggs beaten
salt & pepper
neutral cooking oil (canola, avocado, vegetable, etc.)
1) Slice cherry tomatoes into 1/4 inch rings.
2) Set up your eggs, flour, & breadcrumbs in 3 different bowls. Season all 3 with salt & pepper. Dredge tomato rings in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Gently press the tomato slice into the breadcrumbs for best adhesion & lay them on a wire rack.
3) Put the rack in the fridge to set the coating. Meanwhile, heat 1/2 inch of oil in a cast iron skillet or dutch oven on medium-high heat. A perfect frying temperature is about 360 degrees.
4) Fry tomatoes in batches of 5 for 90 seconds per side or until golden brown & crispy.
5) Remove tomatoes from pan & place onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt immediately.
6) Top with finely chopped fresh herbs & serve with a dipping sauce of your choice. We like a sriracha aioli!