Count the ingredients on one hand! This sweetly seasoned nibble is a breeze to come together and takes inspiration from Caer Maiko and Sharon Yeung's In the Name of the Moon cocktail from Shaker & Spoon's Daijoubu 2 Box.
NOTES: Wonton wrappers will go from perfectly crisp to burnt quickly. 5 minutes was the sweet spot for a lightly browned chip, but watch them closely once you hit the 4-minute mark.
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 package wonton wrappers
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a small bowl add cinnamon and sugar. Whisk to fully combine and set aside
2. Cut wonton wrappers in half to form triangles. 15 wrappers makes 30 chips, which generously serves 2 people
3. Brush both sides of the wonton triangles with melted butter and lay on a sheet pan slightly spaced out
4. Generously sprinkle the top of each triangle with the cinnamon sugar mixture and top with a pinch of kosher salt (don't skip the salt, it really makes a difference)
5. Bake for exactly 5 minutes, watching closely towards the end to avoid over browning
6. Remove chips from baking tray and let cool completely before serving. They will continue to crisp as they cool
Stay in touch for more of Hither Lane's tasty bites to complement Shaker & Spoon cocktails!