Destined to be the star of the cheese course, this dish boasts warm spice and pie-like flavors—a seasonal sensation much like the Holiday Hymnal cocktail from Shaker & Spoon's Brrr-bon box. Prep time is 5 mins and cook time is 15 mins.
NOTES: This recipe has fall flavor written all over it! Camembert has more depth of flavor & variation in texture compared to brie so it's preferred, however you can of course use brie if you like. We lined the baking dish with parchment, so that it's easy to lift the baked cheese out to serve on a cheeseboard. Serves 6-8.
INGREDIENTS1 wheel of good camembert cheese (you can use brie in a pinch)
1 pear, preferably Bosc
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. butter
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
1 sprig of fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
Your favorite crusty bread sliced & toasted or crackers for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Score the top of your camembert with a knife & place in a parchment lined baking dish (not too shallow in case the cheese spreads). Bake for 15 minutes
3. Meanwhile, cut your pear into small cubes, a half inch or less in size. Mix pear pieces in a bowl with sugar, salt, spices, & chopped rosemary until well coated
4. In a skillet set over medium heat, melt butter & sauté pear mixture for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally until sugar is melted and you can smell the spices and rosemary (ripe pears are soft and don't need much cooking)
5. Top the baked camembert with the pear compote, serve warm, & enjoy!
Stay in touch for more of Hither Lane's tasty bites to complement Shaker & Spoon cocktails!